Monday, August 13, 2007

Pub Crawl

Night out in Belltown - One of the best things about having visitors in town is that you get to go explore new places closer to their hotel. Although Paul had to work, I got to have a swanky two bar mini crawl in Belltown. First, I have to say, I was amazed at how few people were out at 5:30 in Belltown on a sunny Saturday. Apparently, upscale urban hipsters don't do happy hour. Our first stop was Umi Sake House, touted by citysearch as the best happy hour in town. They do not lie. The sushi, while maybe not super authentic, is fresh and tasty, and you can stuff yourself with it until 8pm in the front "porch" section of the restaurant for a mere $3-$7 a roll. We got more varieties than I can remember, along with complimentary edamame, $3 Sapporos, $5 cold sake, and a completely gratuitous plate of grilled garlic short ribs. But, being the gluttons that we are, we decided to press on to Black Bottle for "a glass of wine" that turned into a bottle of Rutherford sauvignon blanc and a french country flat bread, oozing creamy cheese and olive oil, and later, inexplicably, a bottle of Abel Clement Vacqueras Cotes-du-Rhone and an order of ceviche. It was decadent but very reasonably priced for the quality and atmosphere. I can't wait to take Paul.

1 comment:

LS said...

It occurs to me that this seems to happen often when H. & I hang out. I refer to the "glass of wine" that inevitably turns into two bottles. Plus snacks. L-I-V-I-N. Thanks for showing us such a good time.

Blog Archive